Sunday 4 March 2012

Life Saving Software


Ok so the headline is a bit of an exaggeration. I am a writer after all and we are prone to exercising poetic license every now and again. This software doesn't literally save your life but it does make it a heck of a lot easier. It relieves the stress of formatting your book for the Kindle and also provides a brilliant cover designer feature.


The Cover Maker is also currently free if you purchase a copy of Kindle Writer. No I am not an affiliate and I get no perks for advertising Fred's software but if he ever decides to run an affiliate program I will be the first in the queue.  It's the software I used to publish my first Kindle book 'A Christmas Carol Revisited', and believe me if I had not been happy with the result I would not be writing this now! Unfortunately Fred had not finished creating the Cover Maker software at the time so the cover was my own efforts.

The best way of deciding if this software is for you is to take up the offer of the 30 day free trial.


Moving on to another fantastic software application and this time its free. When I tell you it replicates a commercial software that sells for a couple of hundred pounds it should get your attention.

You may have noticed if you clicked on the Christmas Carol Revisited link earlier that my Facebook fanpage has a video embedded.  Videos give your fanpages, landing pages and websites a new dimension and create an impact on visitors. This next software will help you create those videos. I intend using it to make instructional videos for my early years math program as the software records all your on screen activities.

The software is called CamStudio. Click on the image to visit the download site.


I am just getting used to this powerful software myself so I suggest you download it and play around with it until you become familiar with all its features.

One final word. The focus of this blog was supposed to be on writers and aspiring authors who want to self publish. Increasingly I have begun to realise that self publishing authors are really work from home entrepreneurs in another guise. Both have the same problem. Promoting and marketing their book, product or service to the wider world.

With this in mind I have decided to create a sister blog called Kindlepreneur. Yes, I made up the name. This blog will focus on how to promote and market whatever it is you market. Having gained considerable experience in this area down many years I hope I can assist you in being more effective internet marketers. Social media provides opportunities never imagined before and these are places you need to use to engage with others who are interested in what you write or sell. So please visit http://kindlepreneurs.blogspot.com
I'll brew the coffee ready!

Next Week: Challenge Yourself And Compete!

No comments:

Post a Comment